Social Media Intern
Office Location: Detroit
The Nine9 Internship Program offers aspiring public relations professionals a unique opportunity to gain unmatched professional experience at a fast-paced national organization. Intended for recent graduates and current college students with past professional experience, interns will work on a wide variety of client initiatives as a member of the Nine9 team.
Effective social media strategies involve much more than creating content or managing a social network. Nine9’s dedicated team of social media specialists are 100 percent focused on creating and overseeing social media strategies that focus on specific Client and Talent needs, including lead generation, business development, and customer service. As an intern with the social media team, your role will include:
• Developing a wide range of copy, including long-form blog posts, social channel posts, and social ads
• Creating images for social media content
• Conducting research on bloggers/influencers, social ad targeting, trends, tools and best practices
• Assisting with reports and data compiling
• Editing and proofreading a wide variety of marketing materials
• Monitoring brand mentions, both positive and negative
• Assisting with operational/administrative needs for Clients and Talent of Nine9
We’re looking for driven self-starters who have a passion for our industry, a desire to learn and strive for constant improvement both personally and professionally. Candidates should be available to work at least 24 hours a week as needed for the duration of the internship program. Each internship session lasts approximately four months to give interns a truly immersive experience.
• Current college student or graduate studying writing, communications, marketing, public relations or a related field
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Driven individual and hard worker dedicated to delivering great work
• Hunger to learn and ability to take direction and apply it to future work
• Ability to work 3 days a week for 3 months. Hours are negotiable
There is no monetary compensation for this internship, however, Nine9 will provide a professional reference and testimonial for work well done; as well as a Nine9 comp card complete with 6 months of complimentary Nine9 subscription service.
You’ll have the opportunity to become knowledgeable in online communication, social media, as well as, web search, and gain a valuable understanding of how to utilize the right tactics in online marketing. You’ll also learn how to work in a professional environment and have the opportunity to network with department leaders and other professionals.