“Hamlet” Production Casting in New York City
Casting a U.S. national tour of “Hamlet” and “Sense & Sensibility” this fall 2017. Both plays will be performed in repertory and actors in the ensemble company will perform in both plays playing a multitude of roles.
All company members must be prepared to lead workshops. Both plays will be directed by Aquila’s artistic director, Desiree Sanchez. Casting Directors are seeking a multi-talented and diverse cast.
Audition Dates: May 10th – May 12th
Where: New York City
Pay Rate: Dependent on Role
The actors in “Hamlet” must be able to quickly morph into several characters, must be highly physical, athletic, versatile, and confident with Shakespearean and classical texts.
Rehearsal and Production Dates & Locations:
– Rehearses: July 31 – Sept. 22, 2017
– Where: NYC with technical rehearsals TBD, possibly outside the metropolitan area.
– Details: Performances begin Sept. 23 in Valhalla, NY.
– Other: The plays tour Sept. 25 through Nov. 15, 2017.
Compensation & Union Contract Details:
– This is a nonunion contract. The rehearsal rate is $625 a week and the tour rate is $685 per week (paid as a W2 employee)
– In addition, there is per diem while outside city of origin ($46/day)
– All travel and accommodation while outside city of origin will be paid for and arranged by Aquila Theatre
– Please visit www.aquilatheatre.com to register.
This production will be put on in New York City.